CLICK LINKS BELOW TO LEARN MORE:
How Can I Help Keep Housing Affordable?
Strong communities are created by citizens and residents that are committed to and involved in the planning and design of these places. The success of the City of Portland, for example, is often attributed to its highly involved and committed citizen body. There are many different ways you can be involved in strengthening your community and the City of Albuquerque.
- Be active in your Neighborhood Association: attend their meetings and voice your opinions and concerns
- Support local businesses
- Support public transit
- Vote for policies and regulations that encourage and support affordable housing
- Get involved with an Affordable Housing group
- Get involved in other groups that support to affordable housing:
- Minority advocacy groups
- Fair housing committees
- Affirmative action groups
- Poverty advocacy groups
- Homelessness advocacy groups